server was down - to be updated later
Jan 23, 2009, 3:30-5:30, CGEC, Willow Rm (copied from previous Google Site)
- Reading Comprehension - addressing direct and indirect activities that support it
- Focus on non-fiction (expository stories)
- Use the 6 strategies from Strategies that Work/Houghton Mifflin
- Predict and Infer
- Monitor and Clarify
- Developing oral, academic proficiency (indirect strategy)
- Show example strategies
- Sample Keynote Project
- Meet in groups to share*
- Report back to big group (summarize on blog)
- Do you feel your project addresses reading comprehension directly? Why or why not?
- If it did not, how might you revise it, so that it would directly address RC?
- Discuss use of iTunes Gift Cards, demo how to download an application on iTunes; which apps
- Demo SpeakEasy on iPod touch and iTunes
- Hands-on in groups. Choose one to download SpeakEasy (gets gift card and mic)
- Go Here >>>>> Applications for iPod Touch
- Managing iPods in the classroom
- Q & A on iPod touch
- DISCUSS PROJECTS AND TIMELINE -- especially for those who believe they are "trailblazers."
- REVIEW iRead requirements!
- Equipment dispersal and explanation (check form & sign)
*EXTRA GROUP TIME
- discuss more project ideas
- discuss management ideas
- post ideas for Reading Comprehension strategies for iRead